Every now and then I give myself a bathroom mirror pep talk. It usually sounds something like this;
Announcer(me); Hello everyone, today we have the incredible miss Tanndy with us and she’ll be sharing her experiences and how she managed to navigate through the difficult times.
Crowd(also me); cheering, yes, (clapping loudly) …..yes yes yes ooooooooh… Tanndy….. (more clapping) (screaming) (shouting)…. okay maybe not this much -this part usually takes a few seconds…anyway
Tanndy(me again); *walks out to my bathroom stage* ‘thank you, thank you everyone’, it’s such an honor for you to have me here today.
First of all, I’ll like to thank each and everyone one of you for coming out to this gathering and I hope you can take a thing or two home with you.
*whispers to self* “you got this Bih”
I am not normal and I don’t want you to see yourselves as one. Now here are my top 5 reasons why I never want to be described as normal;
- I agree with Anaïs Nin’s quote that I don’t really want to become normal, average or standard. I want merely to gain in strength the courage to live out my life more fully, enjoy more and experience more.
Think of all the times you’ve been asked to hush, don’t speak your mind, don’t go there, don’t wear that and so many don’ts that your spirit feels stifled and your breadth for adventure short. Well Break free.
2. Life is too short to be normal. We’ve practically heard this all our lives, but seldom do we really do the things we want to do (I’m just as guilty as each of you). Again I say break free and drink that crane-berry-ginger-banana-rum-cocktail you’ve always wanted to try😉…tell me how that goes by the way!
3. Maya Angelou wasn’t overemphasizing the need to live your best life when she warned us that; ‘if you are always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be’. Let that marinate.🤔
4. For fucks sake, just be different. Walking around and being counted with the flock does things to you. You get lost in the crowd and loose your true identity. You do not have that amazing combination of unique DNA in your system to be average or like everyone else. Be different.
5. Always remember that you can’t do epic shit with basic and normal minded people, well unless you are just as basic.🤭 To be normal is the aim of the unsuccessful -Carl Jung. Aim for more
Tanndy(me again); well there you have it folks, I do not guarantee that your life will change overnight. We all know change is slow and deliberate. One step a day, like walking straight to that mirror and telling that person to go and be awesome 🤟🏾is a step closer to ridding the world of one more basic human.
GOODLUCK and Don’t forget to buy my book 😉🤦🏾♀️
Instagram ‘itanndy’ for new post update.😘#TGIF